For any cooler day this is your warm nostalgic meal! Indulge and enjoy.
- 4 15 oz. cans of Hunt's tomato sauce or 2 cans of the large cans.
- 2 15 oz. cans of Hunt's diced tomatoes.
- 4 cups of diced carrots. We recommend that you use either a cheese grader to dice these or the Vitamix. These need to be diced finely so the sauce is thick.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of medium sized pitted black olives, diced finely. We use the organic ones from CA. Either use a knife or Vitamix.
- 4 teaspoons of Italian seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons of basil.
- 2 teaspoons of oregano.
- 4 bay leaves.
- 2 packages of organic hamburger. Each package is usually about a pound.
Cook the hamburger in a frying pan until brown and no red. Make sure that the meat is in small bits when cooking.
Combine and mix all ingredients into large Le Creuset pot.
Bring pot to boil. Then, immediately turn down to simmer and partially cover with top. The top should be slightly off so that the sauce thickens. Simmer for 2 hours.
Make some spaghetti or pasta of your choice. Mix the pasta and sauce together. Enjoy!!!
Recipe courtesy of Megan Clark.
Illustration by Rosie Kosinski